Did You Know?
- Theft is the most reported crime at Princeton University.
- Of all thefts reported the majority are due to unattended or improperly secured items.
Serious consequences are associated with theft of personal items. Besides the loss of personal property, theft is also inconvenient and may result in the loss of things that are of substantial emotional and professional significance.
- Unattended and improperly secured items put you at greater risk of theft, which can result in:
- Identify theft (see page on Preventing Fraud and ID Theft)
- Loss of irreplaceable personal items
- Loss of all of your contact information
- Loss of important work, such as a thesis or research analysis
- Before you walk away from your property: Stop, Check and Secure